Who We Are
Walden Driving School’s website can be found at https://www.waldendrivingschool.ca.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why
Media: If you upload images, avoid those with embedded EXIF GPS (location data), as others can extract this data.
Contact Forms, Cookies, and Logins: Cookies are used to save your details if you leave a comment, opt-in for convenience. Temporary cookies are set on our login page to check browser cookie support and are discarded upon closing the browser. Cookies save login information and screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, screen options for a year, and “Remember Me” option persists for two weeks. Editing or publishing an article sets a cookie indicating the post ID, expiring after 1 day.
Embedded Content: Articles may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images) from other websites, which behaves identically as if visiting the source website.
- Password Reset: IP address included in the reset email.
- Student Data: We store students’ data, including IP, name, email address, signature images, license number and Scanned copies of licenses for 12 months.
- Comments: Retained indefinitely for follow-up comments.
- Registered Users: Personal information in their profile is stored indefinitely. Users can edit or delete their information (username cannot be changed). Administrators can also see and edit this information.
Your Rights Over Your Data
You can request an exported file of your personal data we hold, including data you provided. You can also request erasure of your personal data, excluding data for legal, security, or administrative reasons.
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your Contact Information
- Data Protection
- Data Breach Procedures
- Third-Party Data Receivers
- Automated Decision Making and Profiling with User Data
- Industry Regulatory Disclosure Requirements