WALDEN DRIVING SCHOOL
Student Registration and Agreement
SUBMIT THE FILLED FORM
RESPONSIBILITIES OF WARDEN DRIVING SCHOOL (“THE SCHOOL”)
- The school will provide training in a timely and professional manner.
- The Driver Training vehicle will be clean and in good running condition. The vehicle will have a valid license plate, registration, and insurance.
- Your driving instructor is licensed by Alberta Transportation and will produce his or her instructor’s license and operator’s license upon request.
- If the school must cancel a lesson due to instructor illness, vehicle break down, etc., every effort will be made to accommodate the student and to reschedule the lesson.
- The driving instructor will give full attention to the student during the in-vehicle lesson. The instructor’s cell phone will be off and may not be used unless the vehicle is safely stopped and the student gives permission.
- An in-vehicle report card/student summery with a detailed evaluation will be completed by the instructor and explained at the completion of each lesson.
- Classroom portion of driver training will be provided online by Fleet Safety International.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STUDENT
- The student must possess, at minimum, a class7 Alberta license and have the license in their possession during all in-vehicle training.
- A student who attends a course that offers a Driver Education Course Completion Certificate must have the required minimum hours of training for the specific course and must pass the 80% in class and 75% in vehicle applicable examination/performance evaluation before they can receive the certificate.
- Any acts of negligence on the student’s part that result in damages or fines will be the responsibility of the student.
- Learning to drive must be taken seriously. Students are expected to give best efforts during classroom and in-vehicle lessons. Unacceptable behavior (drinking, drugs, swearing, continually being late etc.) will not be tolerated and the school may discontinue the lesson at the student’s expense.
- During a Driver Training Lesson, in-classroom or in-vehicle, all electronic communication devices (e.g., cell phones) are not to be used the student.
- Cancellation of lessons must be made at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise, a $40.00 cancellation fee will be charged.
- The school may waive the fee if, in its sole discretion, it determines the circumstances merit doing so.
- All training must be completed within 12 months from enrollment date.